Rice Law exclusively represents individuals and families facing various divorce and family law matters, and whether you’re facing an issue of child custody (formally known as parenting time), child support, enforcing a court order, or otherwise, you can rely on an experienced Memphis, Tennessee family law attorney from our firm to fight for you. Contact Rice Law today to learn more about what we do and how we can assist you.
Family Law Attorney Helping Families in Memphis, Tennessee through Tough Situations
Rice Law believes that everyone facing family law matters deserves an attorney who cares about long-term solutions. In many ways, family law is all about the long term. A child custody order brought forth today will impact your child for years down the road. A case involving domestic violence could potentially save a victim’s life. This is why at Rice Law, we do not take our responsibility to provide clients with top-notch legal assistance lightly. For an attorney you can count on when it matters most, reach out to Rice Law.
Our Family Law Services
Rice Law proudly assists clients through a wide range of critically important family law matters, including the following:
- Child Custody: Child custody, now formally referred to as parenting time, is among the most commonly contested family law issues, and it’s no surprise why. All good parents want to remain a significant part of their children’s lives, and when an agreement is reached that limits the amount of time a parent can have with their child, it can be very challenging to deal with.
- Child Support: Without question, both custodial and non-custodial parents must contribute to raising their child. Typically, the non-custodial parent is required to make regular child support payments to help ensure their child has everything they need to live a stable, happy life.
- Child Visitation: Often, in matters regarding child custody, one parent will have primary physical custody, and the other will, ultimately, spend less time with a child. However, if you believe your parenting time rights may be infringed upon or you otherwise need an attorney to help you with your parenting time plan, you can count on Rice Law.
- Children and Divorce: The truth is, children are every bit a part of a divorce as their parents. Divorce can have profound effects on children, even when it is fairly amicable. Our firm is dedicated to making divorce as easy as possible for children on our end, and, ultimately, always fighting for the best interests of children during, and after, the divorce process.
- Domestic Violence: The unfortunate reality is that many people live in constant fear of violence or abuse, even in their own homes. Domestic violence can occur between spouses, parents and children, dating partners, and others who constitute a domestic relationship in the eyes of Tennessee law. Acts of domestic violence are detrimental to a person and the family dynamic and must be harshly pursued. Our firm is dedicated to keeping domestic violence victims safe.
- Family Law Enforcement: When a divorce is finalized, both parties are required to abide by the terms of their divorce agreement. For example, child custody orders must be obeyed, and alimony/child support must be paid. Violating these agreements can have a significant impact on a family, and if you find your ex is refusing to uphold his or her end of the bargain, our Memphis, Tennessee family law attorney can help enforce your custody/support order with the courts.
- Post-Judgment Modification: Life changes as time passes, and for many, after a divorce, these changes are positive. That said, regardless of the circumstances of a change, if you believe it is a significant, continuing, and unforeseen one, you may request a modification to your initial divorce agreement. For example, if your ex received a higher-paying job, they may no longer require alimony. A post-judgment modification can address this.
- Relocation: If you are a custodial parent and you cannot get your child’s non-custodial parent’s permission to move away, then you will have to seek permission to relocate from the courts. On the other hand, if you are someone opposing a custodial parent moving away with your child, you will have to prove that the move would not be in your child’s best interests. Either way, you need a competent attorney on your side. Our firm can help.
- Family Law Agreements: Whether you’re looking to finalize your divorce or protect your assets from a divorce, you can depend on Rice Law to help you draft up the appropriate family law agreement that best serves your interests.
Why Rice Law?
Rice Law has fought for families in Memphis, Shelby County, and throughout the state of Tennessee for decades, and we take pride in our ability to come up with results when our clients need them most. Larry Rice, Esq., and Nick Rice, Esq. of Rice Law wrote the book on divorce that attorneys from around the United States currently recognize as the national standard, titled The Complete Guide to Divorce Practice: Forms and Procedures for the Lawyer. When facing matters of family law, the outcome of a case can impact a family financially and emotionally for years down the road, which is why you need a Memphis, Tennessee family law attorney you can depend on from the start.
Contact a Memphis, Tennessee Family Law Attorney
Whether you’re currently going through a divorce and are concerned about the future of your children, you’re looking to update the terms of your divorce, or you have any other family law matter you need assistance with, you can rely on Rice Law to fight for you. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.